I Have A Need To Know God
These are the two most important questions you may ever have to answer. Can you answer them?
- Have you come to the place in your spiritual life where you know for certain that if you were to die today you would go to heaven?
- Suppose you were to die today and stand before God and He were to say to you, “Why should I let you into My heaven?” what would you say?
The Good News is we can know the answers to these questions. The Bible tells us that:
- Heaven is a free gift. It cannot be earned or deserved.
“For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith – and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God – not by works, so that no one can boast.” (Ephesians 2:8-9)
“The wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life through Christ Jesus our Lord.” (Romans 6:23)
- Man is a sinner and cannot save himself.
“For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.” (Romans 3:23)
- God is merciful and doesn’t want to punish us. The Bible says “God is Love.”
“Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love.” (1 John 4:8)
- But God is also just and therefore He must punish sin. He does not leave the guilty unpunished.
“… he punishes the children and their children for the sin of the fathers to the third and fourth generation.” (Exodus 34:7b)
This creates the dilemma of how then can man get to heaven?
God solved this dilemma in the Person of Jesus Christ.
- According to the Bible, Jesus is the infinite God-Man.
“In the beginning was the Word (Jesus) and the Word was with God and the Word was God…The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us.” (John 1:1,14)
- His purpose in life was to die on the cross and rise from the dead to pay the penalty for our sins and to purchase a place in heaven for us.
“We all, like sheep, have gone astray, each of us has turned to his own way; and the Lord has laid on him the iniquity of us all.” (Isaiah 53:6)
- We receive this gift of eternal life by faith. This kind of faith is not merely believing in God or trusting God in a crisis. Saving faith is trusting in Jesus Christ ALONE (and what He did for you on the cross) for eternal life.
“If you confess with your mouth , ‘Jesus is Lord’ and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.” (Romans 10:9)
Would YOU like to receive the gift of eternal life? If so, pray this prayer:
“Lord Jesus Christ, I know I am a sinner and do not deserve eternal life. But I believe You died and gave Your life for me and purchased a place in heaven for me. Lord Jesus, come into my life and save me. I repent of my sins and now place my trust in You for my salvation. I accept the free gift of eternal life. Amen.”
If you were sincere about praying this prayer, please contact Jim Paul at (760) 298-8833 so you can receive a Bible and encouragement for growing in your personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Or, you can simply speak with one of our Pastors on your next visit to Valley Bible Church.